Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have my new home network up and running. I decided to use whatever money I am getting back from the US Government as an opportunity to get a new laptop. So I had my eye on an HP that I goofed up a couple of weeks ago by not taking advantage of a sale. Lo and behold, this week it was back on sale. I got a good deal and a rebate to boot.

This is the one I got, one of the Quick-Ship models, the HP G60-630US. It's weird because I haven't had a laptop since mine was pilfered in my robbery several years ago. Plus I have been without a DVD player for a while, as well, and thought it might be wise to get back in the techie game. My router took a while to like me, but that is running now and I'm able to escape the shackles of my PC. So far, so good.

Meal of Links

How to play tricks on your brain. The inverted binoculars trick seems the easiest one to try. Now, go get injured.

Donald Glover is definitely a bright spot on "Community". Then again, they have a pretty smart cast over there.

Drinking tips! Yes, it's about time for that refresher course to reduce hangovers.

Exercise Yard

I laughed hard at this clip with lots of...

Soccer Theatrics



I was stumbling through the dial and I noticed this live on BBC America. Six Nations Rugby! Since when?

Visitor

12 Down: "This American Life" host (8 letters) Answer: Ira Glass

No comments: