Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I had a long saga ordering some flatware. My old stuff from Target kept disappearing or breaking and I was really getting short on forks and was down to a single butter knife. So, I found a really good deal from Oneida and ordered some over MLK weekend.

After I ordered, I didn't hear anything for several days. The really nice people there told me on two different occasions over the course of the next 2 weeks, that they had some coding issues with their inventory that their new system was not recognizing. So, imagine my surprise when I returned home from vacation that the package arrived last Friday.

But it was weird. After the initial e-mail, I didn't receive any further notification that the item had been shipped or when I could expect it. Maybe the new system has caught up, but it's awfully strange they operate in this manner, when some companies go overboard on their communication.

Having said that, I really do like the set. And they do have some good sales from time to time. I guess my advice is if you order from their site, keep after them.

Meal of Links

Karaoke killings! Do not sing "My Way" in the Philippines. I repeat, do not sing "My Way" in the Philippines. And in Thailand, you may wanna skip the John Denver.

Nate Silver looks at Sarah Palin's 2012 primary path. Nice work.

Hitchcock movies that were never made. Cary Grant as a modern-day "Hamlet"?

Since there are 10 Best Picture nominees this year, AMC has changed their schedule to 2 Saturdays for viewings. With an AMC card you can watch them at Ridge Park for $40. They still haven't released the schedule and of course, in Cleveland, you can see "Avatar" in lovely 2-D!

John Boehner. Confused politician.

OK, she's got a great ass, but what else qualifies Rachel Uchitel to be on "Extra"? Wait a minute, she was interviewed by Mario Lopez, so, there you have it.

Your Olympic broadcast teams. In other broadcast news, The Champions League Final actually ends up on Fox, the big network, in May.

Exercise Yard

Now we turn our attention to college hoops. And NASCAR.

Visitor

16 Across: Gonzalez in 2000 headlines (5 letters) Answer: Elian "They broke Elian's bed!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is Dick Button special reporter when he should be doing um -um ICE SKATING? He was an ice skater was he not?-------------------------------------------JMK