Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The hazard of the tape-delayed Olympics is when you try to avoid the results and then stumble upon them. Today, I did a pretty good job of avoiding the results of the Women's Downhill when a guy on the radio blurts out, "Hey, Lindsey Vonn won the downhill." Crap. I watched it anyhow. It wasn't Franz Klammeresque, but she was fairly out of control at times.

Still have not seen curling. But I saw Shani Davis pick up a gold in the speed skating. Unfortunately, I think men's figure skating returns on Thursday.

Meal of Links

Kevin Trudeau's next book may be "Things You Need to Know To Stay Out of Jail". "The FDA has guns..." may be my favorite line from his infomercials.

Esquire with a fine profile of Roger Ebert. I think he may get a Pulitzer for his Internet writings.

Mary Tyler Moore's stab at a variety show years ago. With video.

Exercise Yard

Danny Ferry makes the deal. Antawn Jamison, I believe, is the final peice to the puzzle. If the Cavs get Z back in 30 days, so much for the better.

Visitor

39 Across: Wolfgang Puck's restaurant (5 letters) Answer: Spago

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like watching Olympic Curling.Saw the US /Switzerland mens match .The US anchor gagged on the hammer twice in a row and Switzerland won 7-6.The match was 2 1/2 hours .-----------JMK

Anonymous said...

I think curling was on CNBC. I saw the same match. Women were on the next night.