Sunday, January 03, 2010

While having some time off during the holidays, I was astounded at how many bad movies show up during the day. Plus, the commercials are not any better.

Just this morning, Billy Mays is selling me a Jupiter Jack. You know, I think he IS going to be late for that meeting. I'm going to keep track this year of how late we go into 2010 and still have him on the air.



Are the Luke Wilson commercials for AT&T running their course? I don't mind him as an actor, but these ads are not very good.



The new GEICO ad with one of the Brothers McMullen. Is he really doing a bad Robert Stack? I am still not convinced he says "Charlie Daniels". Anyhow, the Charlie Daniels part is actually funny, look for him grabbing the breadstick. Then, I saw Elmer Fudd on another one and I may have to rethink this campaign.



Meal of Links

50 things we did not know last year, but now know. Eat more broccoli and rehydrate with watermelon.

The 2009 Darwin Awards.

Conspiracy theories that turned out to be true. I just happened to see a doc on that CIA drug running in LA. It was quite good.

Exercise Yard

I avoided attending the Browns game today, basically because I was tired of being cold. Hard to determine how to rate the last month this season, as the Browns won 4 straight for the first time since their return. Again, was it catching certain opponents at a good time? A new commitment to the run? A sense of routine as the Browns were in town, for the most part, since Thanksgiving? I can't say. Even so, I think Holmgren goes with his own men and we should know this week. If it happens, Eric Mangini would join Ray Rhodes as the only coaches fired in back-to-back full seasons.

By not going to the game, I was able to see a new Becks at Old Trafford early this a.m. Leeds beat Man U in a stunning F.A. Cup upset, with Jermaine Beckford getting the gamewinner in a 1-0 match.

Leeds Fans Go Nutty



Visitor

None, on a cold Browns Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Leeds now a third or fourth division team? It is so nice to see ManU losing these 1-0 matches-----------------JMK