Tuesday, December 08, 2009

What a sad day today. I feel like Al Bundy when his barber died and he didn't know where to go for his next haircut. In what has to be the suckiest move that ever sucked, Fox Sports Radio has dropped Steve Czaban from its lineup. The Czabe and I have been sharing my a.m. commute for the past 5 years and I even listened to his evening show for a time before that.

As a matter of fact, his show was the first place I heard Frank Caliendo, lo those many years ago. I actually thought John Madden was on the air drunk or high or concussed or something. Anyhow, XM also had a replay of the Czabe's show start at Noon, so he was also my lunch time companion for most of the past 5 years.

FSR has made some really bad moves over the years, but this one was really poor. To claim Czaban sounds like Lame and Lamer in the morning is absurd.

His replacement? Steven A. Smith. You have to be fucking kidding me. I assume Screamin' A has moved to London, so he doesn't have to be at work by 6:00 a.m. And do you really want him talking at you in the morning? And which of his friends will be up at 6:00 for a nice morning chat. Clowns.

BTW, Peter Gammons announced today that he is leaving ESPN. Gotta be going to MLB, one would think.

Meal of Links

Depressing link of the day. An interactive map of unemployment in the USA.

Hitch writes about Palin. Again. And he does it well.

The top overlooked movies of 2009. I, at least, heard of "Big Fan" and "Anvil". Didn't see either one, but I was aware.

Czech yourself! Czech government allows 5 cannabis plants for personal use starting January 1.

What the hell is going with this "Jersey Shore" program? Seems like a lot of people are in a snit. I mean, it's MTV, what do you expect?

A look back at "Pee-wee's Big Adventure".

"Dexter" has one more episode. John Lithgow talks about life as the "Trinity Killer".

Exercise Yard

David Stern is insane.

Visitor

49 Across: Brockovich portrayer (7 letters) Answer: Roberts

No comments: