Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Tollbooth Karma
















The Turnpike Gods must be mad at me. Yep, this is what happens when the E-Z Pass gate comes crashing down on your car or should I say windshield. The State Trooper (BTW, very accommodating) told me that's not supposed to happen. Oh, no, he dint. But, yes, it did happen. To me!

I was at the gate marked E-Z Pass/Tickets. The two people in front of me needed tickets manually, as the machine was not working. Obviously, something was not reset as I tried to get through on my sensor. Then, BOOM. I'm OK though.

The good people at "Safelite repair, Safelite replace..." helped me out. And late this afternoon, I was able to resume driving.

Meal of Links

20 things you should know about beer. Damn hippocampus.

You want a better ass? Think again. Don't cry for me, Argentina.

The best film performances of the decade. Hard to argue with most. Nice props for Christian Bale in "American Psycho" and Peter Sarsgaard in "Shattered Glass".

What if superheroes had beards? Well, they would probably get in the way.

Look what music is coming out in 2010. More like first quarter stuff, but the list looks promising.

You may wanna rethink the TV Box Set DVD as a Christmas gift. Some of them are still good.

Now here's a festival we can all get behind. The Po-Boy Preservation Festival.

Exercise Yard

The other woman in the Tiger Woods incident speaks out. She sounds fairly credible.

But there may be other women.

Visitor

38 Across: "Elder" or "Younger" Roman statesman (4 letters) Answer: Cato

No comments: