Friday, November 27, 2009

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. I was at my Uncle's house once again and it was really good. Salad with fried broccoli and cauliflower bits, turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, cranberries, rolls, desserts and probably other stuff I forgot. You know, the whole shot. Toss in some football and you got yourself a Thanksgiving Day.

Now to catch up:

I saw Best Friend over the weekend and she was all fired up about these conjoined twins. After checking on them, I understand it's a great story. But, man, I also realized I have issues on this topic.

Drew and I were at O'Rielly's earlier this week. All I could think about was hoping a Po Boy would be on the menu. It was. Drew now upgrades to Lincoln Town Cars for rental car purposes when he can. Looks like a phat ride.

Something's up with my Dad. I've seen him drink a beer last weekend and then on Wednesday, he had a scotch. Maybe it was the '80s DJ at The Happy Dog on Wednesday. The new T-shirts look pretty cool there, BTW. Question: If I have 5 Magic Hat No. 9's, can I call it Magic Hat 45?

Gale and I took in a movie before dinner yesterday. It was "The Fantastic Mr. Fox". It had all of the quirkiness of a Wes Anderson film. Only this time, there were puppets. George Clooney as Mr. Fox and Jason Schwartzman as his son were real standouts. I slso liked a cameo from Owen Wilson as "Coach Skip". He coached Whack-Bat. I can't explain the game, but it looked neat. This one is definitely worth seeing.

Meal of Links

I cleaned my plate yesterday. But it should come as no surprise that Americans waste a lot of food.

Apparently there was no sexual abuse in the Catholic Church in Dublin until 1995. Amazingly, the Archdiocese never told the police about complaints until that year. But they had files on 100 priests since 1940.

Kim Jong-Il is a nutbag. A bunch of his crazy antics are detailed here.

101 places to shop online. With their discounts noted. BTW, Toys R' Us with that Midnight opening seems to be where all the Black Friday trouble occurred this year. You can get $3 in MP3's at Amazon by clicking here before Sunday.

Exercise Yard

Drudge probably has the siren up on his site. But Tiger Woods either did or didn't get in a serious car accident last night.

I'd check to see if Bill Clinton or Greg Norman were nearby.

Visitor

43 Down: Rockefeller Center muralist (4 letters) Answer: Sert

No comments: