Thursday, October 08, 2009

Boy, I've been slowly crawling out from under a malaise, but I was not very happy the Browns traded Braylon Edwards. I do realize his time here was probably short (although he probably would have been only a RESTRICTED free agent if there is no CBA), and I understand it was probably better to get something, anything, for him now. But I may have to revise my prediction of 4 wins.

I thought this week's game against Buffalo was winnable. That is a terrible team, while the Browns opponents up to this point are really good, with a 14-2 record. But if you think that a wide receiver lineup of Massaquoi, Furrey, Stuckey and Robiskie is going to strike fear in any opponent, well, I just don't see it.

Does it matter? I thought the season ended last week against the Bengals, so I see where that move could be made. It bugs me though that the season may be a lot worse than I even I had imagined. And maybe having Don Criqui and Randy Cross calling this week's game is more proof of that.

Meal of Links

A "Family Guy" maze. Oh well, if LeBron can have one, anyone can.

I'm sure you've seen "Calm Guy vs. Punk Asshole". Well, "Calm Guy" is a Gulf War black belt. He took out "Punk Asshole" with one punch.

I thought this was interesting. Pasadena wants to build a park honoring the local Robinson brothers. Do you name it only after Jackie Robinson or do you include his brother, Mack, who actually stayed there?

Looks like some form of public option is gaining steam. Looks like the states can "opt-out". Of course, the details (yeah, those silly things) need to be worked out.

The 50 Greatest Animated Films. Terry Gilliam helped with the list and it has "My Neighbour Totoro" as Number 1. Of course, who hasn't seen that? Ahem, "Snow White" was runner-up.

Exercise Yard

Still think the NBA can give it a go with replacement refs. Well, they called 75 fouls which resulted in 102 free throws in a Houston-Boston preseason game. Ugh.

Visitor

18 Across: Jam on the brakes (9 letters) Answer: Stop Short

No comments: