Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Matt LaPorta finally got called up by the Indians today, But coming from either Toledo or Columbus (still in our state, I think), he was not in the starting lineup today. What, did he make a wrong turn at Albuquerque?

Wedgie quote:" At-bats before September are always a little different than in September."

How long does this guy have left?

Meal of Links

Might be a surprise to some. But Ted Olson is trying to overturn California's Prop 8.

Viewing the world from a 45-degree angle. The photos are pretty neat.

What obese people do at the buffet. Besides eat.

I saw "Big Trouble in Little China" recently. It's still a whole lotta WTF?

Oh, Canada! The Great White North is becoming a leading producer and exporter of illegal synthetic drugs. 62% of meth seized in Japan comes from Colombia North, er, Canada.

More of Pitchfork's best songs of the aughts here (where I liked 184, 177, 174, 158, 154 (and I still can't believe I am missing that Beachland concert next month), 151, 130, 116) and here (where I liked 99, 88, 78, 72, 69, 61, 58 (crank it!), and 53).

Have fun with this anagram generator. Wyatt Toregas = A Grotty Sweat.

Here's a question you probably didn't ask this week. What's A-ha up to?

Mozart may have died from strep throat. I thought that was a 20th-century invention.

More employers are now screening social networking sites. And a few really hate your use of emoticons.

Bill Simmons saw the US-Mexico soccer Match last week. He is fairly accurate in his descriptions of the crowd, the security, the stadium itself, the nationalistic pride. I've been in Azteca Stadium and those memories have not left me all these years later.

Exercise Yard

I've been watching the IAAF World Championships from Berlin this week, but one question remains. Is this a guy?

Visitor

31 Across: Slapstick actors, e.g. (6 letters) Answer: Zanies

No comments: