Friday, July 03, 2009

You know, I actually thought to myself last night there might be a major news story released today, because of the upcoming holiday. Typically, you can toss some bad news out there and hopefully it gets lost in the hubbub for the weekend. But never did I think Sarah Palin would resign today as Alaskan Governor. Interesting that Mark Sanford stays in South Carolina, but she goes. I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Who is advising this woman? God? I think God has more than he can handle, but this is truly bizarre. She mentions she didn't want to be a lame duck, after deciding not to run for re-election in Alaska, as that would be "politics as usual" and she would always oppose that. Huh? She cites the fact that the kids seem to be important to her now, but that completely contradicts the campaign last year.

I guess she longs for a bigger stage but like I said, I'm at a loss as to what this nutbag is up to. I like this joke though, "It's the first time a Palin actually decided to pull out early."

Meal of Links

It's the weekend for Tales of the Cocktail. Maybe we'll see some some new stuff. Why I just had a few Dark and Stormys for the first time a couple of weeks back. Goslings Dark Rum and Ginger Beer. I felt very Caribbean.

Lowe's is back in the game. I had my dishwasher installed yesterday. Good guy, great install, nice machine, took about 105 minutes.

The Calgary Stampede has started. Not the rodeo, but the run to the divorce lawyers after the event. Blame it on cowboy hats.

Exercise Yard



























He's ba-ack!

Visitor

35 Down: Country Music Hall of Famer _____ Travis (5 letters) Answer: Merle

No comments: