Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Of all the food I've tried lately, I gotta say stumbling upon Skinny Cow Fudge Bars was probably the best thing I've sampled. It reminds me of the old-time Fudgsicles, with the wooden stick. This stuff is really good.

Others:

Philadelphia Whipped is better than butter.

Pepperidge Farm bread products are pretty good, especially the hamburger buns. But they also make a mean Swirl bread with Cinnamon and Raisin.

By chance, a few weeks ago, I decided to try a frozen pizza from Giant Eagle. I'm usually a thin crust person, but this was on focaccia. Shockingly, it's one of the best frozen pizzas I've ever had. Definitely worth a try, plus you get leftovers!

Not so good:

This one I cannot figure out. When it comes to Deli cheese, I've always been a Land O'Lakes guy. The Sausage Shoppe carries it, but Giant Eagle has that damn Cheese Please or some other crap. I think Dave's dropped it, too. Marc's carries the small package, so all is not lost. But Sargento also has some packaged cheese slices. The Vermont Sharp White Cheddar is terrific and the Provolone is not bad, but the Sharp Cheddar is pretty yucky.

Giant Eagle Diet Root Beer in the 6-pack of plastic bottles for $1.99. Awful.

I learned my lesson on peanut butter. Smart Balance Peanut Butter blows. Back to Skippy Natural.

For the life of me, I bought ice cream sandwiches a few months ago and I finally tossed out the last two hideous ones today. Can't even tell you what brand, as I pitched the box a while back. Round with chocolate filling. May come in a 4-pack. If you're tempted to buy something close to that description, run the other way.

Meal of Links

If you ever get in a tax bracket argument, here's your answer. Please show your work.

The Big Picture series is always pretty good. This time, it's Apollo 11.

I always try to look in on what Nikki Finke writes about Hollywood. Here are some details about her new website deal.

TV has run out of ideas. Get ready for a fantasy football sitcom. How about a miniseries on watching the NFL draft?

Really bad wax figures. That one of Manson looks like he should play Captain Morgan. Jack Nicholson looks that guy who worked at Clifton Web. Bruce Springsteen = Jon Stewart. Omigod! Sandra Bullock!

Exercise Yard

Of course, no one is paying attention, but Baseball Prospectus had a shoutout to one of the Indians prospects that barely gets a mention. he's a third baseman and his name is Lonnie Chisenhall. File it. Just think, Hodges or Chisenhall at third, Santana behind the plate, LaPorta in left, Brantley in center.

Some day, some day.

Visitor

14 Across: TV host Trebek (4 letters) Answer: Alex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed how the stick seems to be getting longer while the ice cream on the stick is getting shorter. There ought to be a law that you can't change size of stuff to sneek in a price increase. PFS

PS Hope LaPorta doesn't end up like LoGrande...