Saturday, July 25, 2009

I don't know much about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. But I got a call today from InfoCision, who must be the telemarketer that does calls for them.

Do you know what they want you to do? I'm sure they are soliciting donations, but they wanted me to mail 15 letters to some people. WTF? I didn't wait for them to tell me who these 15 people were or why they can't send the letters themselves, but I'm supposed to do it for them? What is up with that crap?

I was waiting for the hit me up for cash deal, so I could say no. Then when I heard what the call was about, it made me angry. Obviously, this is a nuisance as their calling tactics for the Society are chronicled all over the Internets.

Meal of Links

Why is Katherine Heigl so annoying? Newsweek tells us.

The "Wizard of Oz" is now 70. But you have to see the Pink Floyd version.

The Big Picture chronicles the Tour de France. My favorite photo has to be, well, #3 has kind of a Where's Waldo? look to it. Of course, El Diablo, #25, was there again. But I think #36 with the eventual winner, Alberto Contador, is a great shot.

Exercise Yard

Catching up with one of the first female sideline reporters, Lesley Visser. She started in 1976.

Visitor

65 Across: 1988 winner of seven Olympic swimming medals (10 letters) Answer: Matt Biondi

1 comment:

gapag said...

Geez, I've given to this organization before. But I never did mail letters, although they have asked...and asked...and asked...