Saturday, June 27, 2009

Since I was off yesterday, I went to Lowe's and bought a dishwasher. Now the last time I had installation done by one of their contractors (for doors), it was a clusterfuck. On the surface, this seems to be an easy install, so I'm hoping I am vindicated by trying them one more time.

Have you ever taken the time to study dishwashers? Man, the ratings are all over the map. One man's nirvana is another one's worst nightmare. More than any other appliance, it seems. I got me a Whirlpool. It was the right color, a good price, 12 months same as cash, discount for Energy Star and all that, so I'm confident it was the proper selection. One other thing. With the install, I pay no sales tax. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. It's a loophole I like though. They promise they can do it sometime next week. We'll see how it goes.

Meal of Links

Lenovo moves the Delete key. Now if they could just find a way to move Insert.

Check this out. Maine lobsters are now cheap.

This Pringles banner ad is kinda funny, I think. I'm not sure I want to test its limit, but...

Why listening to celebrities who fall ill may not be the best method to face disease in your own life. Farrah, for example.

Exercise Yard

Previewing the Tour. It starts Saturday.

Visitor

36 Down: Tragic king (4 letters) Answer: Lear

No comments: