Monday, June 29, 2009

My Dad and I and Gale took in the Tribe-White Sox game. Trust me, it was cheap ticket night via StubHub. First row in the uppers for $8. Unbelievable, it was the same pitching matchup I saw about 6 weeks ago, Pavano and Floyd. Pavano had a rough beginning, but pitched pretty well, holding the Sox to 2 runs through 7 innings. It's obvious, he owns the White Sox.

Floyd, on the other hand, mesmerized the Indians. They announced the crowd at over 15,000, but I'm here to say it was the worst non-weather-related crowd I've seen, probably since early 1994. They are now starting to block sections in the uppers, so some stray fan doesn't have to be watched after. Big ribbon over the last three sections in left and entrances to about 10 sections in right blocked off. Crowd not into it, team not into it, makes for an ugly game. Things finally got interesting in the 7th.

Garko up with the bases loaded. Hits a dribbler down the first base line. I do not care if the pitcher made the play and threw out Garko. It was the home plate umpire's call and he said foul ball. Ozzie Guillen argues. All of a sudden, the umps huddle and they reverse the call. Not that calls have ever been overturned, but that's the home plate umpire's call...end of story. I have never seen that before. Never. Of course, Wedge immediately went out and got tossed.



















Then Chris Perez came out in the 9th for the Indians and damn near killed Alexei Ramirez. The sound of the ball hitting helmet was the worst I've heard. But he got up and left the field. then Perez hit Jermaine Dye. I have expect Perez to be wearing Rick Vaughn glasses next time. Things got worse for Perez. He failed to cover first on a grounder, threw a wild pitch and ended up allowing 4 runs. God knows what they told him before the game. He was just way too nervous.

In true Tribe fashion, they scored late. Choo and Garko homering in the 9th. Tribe loses, 6-3.

Meal of Links

"I'm sorry. What are you guys protesting again?"

Ah, Bourbon! There is now a Congressional Bourbon Caucus. I'd like to set up a Midwest outpost.

These guys are still obsessed with "Arrested Development". "To the nuts!"

Exercise Yard

This rock guitarist hates Jim Rome. Loves PTI, though.

Visitor

4 Down: Country singer Axton (4 letters) Answer: Hoyt

No comments: