Saturday, March 28, 2009

That was another thrilling episode of Polka Happy Hour at the Happy Dog last night. They have excellent perch and tater tots there. Tots are cool.

This morning, I had the perfect crossword. I always do mine in pen. But, for a Saturday, zero mistakes in not too much time is really good. I usually don't start to do anything until I have that done and today, by God, I knew everything right off the bat. Even the answer "prescience". I know it was relatively easy for a weekend because we had no mythology, no saints, only one Russian composer, and very little geography. But still, I was very pleased.

Then, it was off to see "Knowing", where I counted 6 who attended the 10:30 show at the Regal in Middleburg. Thank you "Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D", that means early morning shows for the rest of us. I thought this was gonna be another chance to see Nicky Cage overact. I think he reined it in on this one. And I didn't recognize anyone else in the movie. But this story morphed from a pedestrian thriller into some otherworldly/religious statement (turn your pages to the Book of Ezekiel) I don't think I was prepared of. Mildly interesting. The lesson, I guess? Either go to church or we are not alone.

Today, there was a birthday party for my niece, who is now 7. We had this exchange the other day:

Niece: "Why does it say "Parma" on your glasses?"
Me: "That's Prada, not Parma." (I wanted to add, "My pretty!" at this point)
Niece: "Yeah, I didn't think anyone would have Parma on their glasses."

And, finally, another choice rerun of "Deal Or No Deal". I tend to stumble upon the CNBC reruns. Classic episode where they talk about how great this guy is, the phrase "life changing amount of money" comes up several times, but the dude is delusional into thinking his case has $500,000. He has slowly eliminated the left half of the board and is down to three cases: $10,000, $75,000 and $500,000. The offer is $129,000 and, of course, he rejects it, citing the number on his case and how lucky it has been for him. Next case he picks has....$500,000 in it. I then laugh my ass off. he must keep the case he has after that whole buildup and his contains....$10,000. I laugh even more.

Meal of Links

Oh, man. The ShamWow! guy slap chopped a hooker. Allegedly.

Why are these foreigners taking all of our TV acting jobs? "Yeah, they're takin' our jobs!"

Kids do the darnedest things.

This guy doesn't like spectator sports. I spectate 'em and I'm not sure I like 'em either.

Words To Live By

Keith David absolutely kills me in the movie, "Men At Work". Charlie Sheen with an appropriate response. The first hour of that movie still makes me laugh hard. Even harder then "Deal Or No Deal".



Exercise Yard

A pretty fair list of the greatest Formula One drivers ever. I think Schumacher, even with his faults, should have been higher. Never took a podium finish for granted, it seemed.

Visitor

44 Across: Speaker in Cooperstown (4 letters) Answer: Tris

No comments: