Tuesday, February 17, 2009

While contemplating Garks playing outfield this season...

Nate Silver's been pretty busy after his election predictions. First, he picked the Tribe to win the Central. Then he battled with George Will over global warming. Now he predicts the Oscars. Check out that Supporting Actress pick.

BTW, the Best Picture nominees have not gotten much of a boost at the box office. Those "Frost/Nixon" numbers are pretty bad. As I said after I saw it, I don't think many folks can get into that movie when there are long stretches with not much happening. Oh, great story and I thought it OK, but I'm not sure it worked as a movie for the masses. Hence, virtually no word of mouth.

Meal of Links

I missed this episode of Ruhlman on popcorn. He's correct, nothing like poppin' corn in a pot.

Someone chooses the best Smiths songs. Hey, there's "Ask" again. And, by all means, hang the DJ.

Time lists the 25 best blogs. Some of these I'd rate as excellent.

Odd sex arrests. Yes, the picnic table one was in Ohio.

Exercise Yard

I don't know, but doesn't platelet-rich plasma therapy sound a bit like that old track and field favorite, blood doping? Could you use this therapy to go back to a four-man rotation in baseball, for instance. I find it's use very intriguing. Again, not so much performance enhancing, but helping with recovery.

Visitor

24 Across: 2003 Billy Bob Thornton holiday film (8 letters) Answer: "Bad Santa"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is The Queen is Dead on The Smiths 10 best?-----JMK