Tuesday, December 16, 2008

While I was absorbed by the Browns last night, I realized how behind I was with regard to Christmas and all of its trappings. Like starting to gather gifts for other people. Did some of that a weekend ago online, but realized I still had a bunch more to do, as I had ordered several things for me. Then I looked at the calendar, muttered an expletive and decided I better hop to it.

So, tonight, it was the traditional writing of the out-of-town cards. Using my neighbor's spotlight as the light source, I accomplished that. Tomorrow, it's social time.

On the Fourth Day of Christmas...



(What the hell is going on? I swear that is a spazz attack!)

Meal of Links

The police finally close the case of the murder of Adam Walsh. The perpetrator died in prison 12 years ago.

Turner Classic Movies lists the schedule for 31 Days of Oscar. TCM University is the theme. February 16 is a keeper. "The Conversation" is on February 20, mark it down. And check out the Athletic Department on February 28. Not a dog the entire day. Don't call me, because it'll be really dusty over here around Noon that day, when Jack Warden figures it all out in "Heaven Can Wait". Gets me every time.

The Worst Movies of 2008. "Indiana Jones", hah! But "Witless Protection" makes Number One. Or should that be Number Two?

The Detroit Free Press offers big changes. Home delivery only 3 days a week. Newsstand still has an edition every day. Which makes me wonder. When was the last time I actually used a newsstand?

Some dude on "The Price is Right" guesses correctly and wins the Double Showcase with a perfect guess for the first time in 35 or 36 years.



Then how come it sounds like Drew Carey is as excited as he is when he is reading the phonebook? I agree with Leitch, it has to be a re-shoot.

Exercise Yard

Braylon. You just buried yourself, dude. This town will never forgive him. If he wanted out, he could have gone about it a different way.

Visitor

41 Across: 1999 Brendan Fraser film based on a Hanna-Barbera toon (13 letters) Answer: Dudley Do-Right

No comments: