Saturday, December 27, 2008

Well, I got through Christmas. Another mystery ailment took me down on Christmas Day. After spending the morning at my Dad's, I was ambushed by something that sent me to bed by mid-afternoon. Throw-up streak was definitely in jeopardy, as I actually had to have a bucket nearby for the first time I could remember in quite a while. Name a flu-related symptom, I had it. Took in the first half of the Cavs game via radio.

Then I caught some "Family Guy". The one where Peter Griffin had a stroke, hopped in his car, then started singing "End of the World as We Know It" by R.E.M. That cheered me up a lot. Let me be clear. Having a stroke is NOT funny. However, Peter Griffin having a stroke IS funny.

Yesterday, I lounged for half a day watching soccer. Randy Lerner's Other Team had a big day, pulling out a late 2-2 draw with Arsenal.

And today, I feel fine.

Meal of Links

Stumbled upon "Quiz Show" for another viewing this evening. Charles van Doren recounted it earlier this summer.

The best indie movies of 2008.

Men's Health lists a bunch of things to say to a naked woman. Here's one: "Hungry? Stay right here. I'll go make you a burrito." Am I reading something into that, that I shouldn't?

Philips has a funny Internet ad for a Body Groomer. The phrase "extra optical-inch..." is a keeper.

"Valkyrie" with Tom Cruise is out now. But these guys did a movie a while ago you may remember: "The Usual Suspects".

Exercise Yard

Another "Friends and Family" game (attendance: 1169) at Cleveland State today, as CSU took on Notre Dame College. I am not sure what the Vikings get out of these Division III opponents, except for a workout. Anyhow, CSU wins, 91-40.

Next up: The beginning of Horizon League play on Tuesday against Wright State.

Visitor

8 Down: Edison portrayer in a 1940 film (6 letters) Answer: Rooney

No comments: