Saturday, December 06, 2008

I hate being ill. Especially when it prevents you from doing things. I think I'm normally a good patient but I get anxious to get things moving in the right direction. So, after feeling shitty starting yesterday afternoon, I had to sit out a birthday party last night and try and get better. It worked, as I was in Operation Shutdown for about 12 hours after taking some meds.

Today, I took it easy and bought some Christmas cards. And declared it Cyber Saturday and shopped for many things while watching some basketball. And on cue, the snow is falling down. Aw, isn't that nice? Yeah, until I have to shovel.

Meal of Links

Mom goes to Whole Foods. It cannot end well.

BTW, the Modells were behind that NFL game on Thursday that was broadcast in 3D. I still say that U2 movie in 3D was unbelievably cool to watch and if our local IMAX or some other theater showed a Super Bowl that way, I'm there.

39 years ago today: Altamont. If you haven't seen "Gimme Shelter" lately, I suggest a revisit.

Exercise Yard

I missed this from earlier in the week, but Dr. Z has some health issues. And with the cuts over at SI, he may not have that job much longer.

Visitor

39 Across: Hall of Fame football coach Earle "Greasy" _____ ( letters) Answer: Neale

No comments: