Thursday, November 13, 2008

While contemplating that it's the 30th anniversary of Cheap Trick's "Live at Budokan" and they have released a reissue:

Strangely enough, as I was driving home tonight, 1st Wave actually played "Stories For Boys" by U2, so I rightfully can sing, "I've got the pow-er."

My niece likes Kid Country, I mean, Kid Rock. And knows Taylor Swift songs. I may have to plan an intervention.

Why does that guy on the BeepBeep.com commercial sing "easy" like "E-Cee" not "E-Zee"? Really bugs me.

Until I see a "Ganley Man" commercial, that is.

On "The Office", why did they so easily discard Pam's graphic artist foray? That seemed to take a turn to wrap things neatly in a bow in the span of 10 minutes.

And speaking of Jim Halpert, he is the voice of those Blackberry Storm commercials. "It clicks...".

I'm glad Romeo denied the Browns quit last Thursday. I think that word is tossed around way too much these days and covers up a severe lack of talent. Early in the history of Browns 2.0 you could say that, but not last week.

Do you laugh when the graphic on "Larry King Live" commands you to "Blog"?

Could C.C. Sabathia command $140 million? And, if so, what would Manny Ramirez get? I wonder what the Indians bid will be? Oh right, there won't be any, because we'll go after Casey Blake.

I watched "Kitchen Nightmares" for the first time last night. The first hour with an Italian restaurant from Stamford, CT. I think I found the real "Uncle F-Bomb". Jee-zus, even if the restaurant turned around by the end of the show, why would you ever give that guy any of your money?

The restaurant in question.

Meal of Links

A list of the "100 Movies I'm Embarrassed I Haven't Seen". I still have not seen "Forrest Gump" or "Top Gun".

We are now in the W's. That means The Who, White Stripes, Wilco and X.

I don't watch "Real Housewives of Atlanta", something about these Reality TV shows I guess. But I understand the wife of former Cav Eric Snow is on the show.

Exercise Yard

Lenny Dykstra is still making money. Yes, "Nails" is surviving the recession quite nicely.

Visitor

16 Across: First name in a Beatles title (7 letters) Answer: Eleanor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim Halpert is awesome. I just ordered a sweet Jim Halpert shirt from www.PantherTees.com. They have tons of stuff from The Office. They said not to tell anyone, but here is a 10% discount code, pts10 (it is case sensitive, so copy and paste it). Enjoy!