Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today was such a nice day, my Dad and I had lunch at The Harp. Great to knock down a couple of beers in the sunshine.

But, on the way back home after I dropped him off, I was at a stoplight. As I have "Cat People" by Bowie cranked, this bicyclist moves up to the corner, then backs up and decides to say something through my open passenger window. He must have noticed my bumper sticker which has Bush pointing one way and Truth the other.

He says, "He may not know much about the truth, but we haven't been attacked in 7 years." Well, Happy 9/11 to you as well, sir. I ignored him. I mean, I didn't feel like having a debate in my car with someone who wasn't actually in the car with me. And it was also Bowie on a rare play, I might add. I found it very strange, as that seems to be more of a 2004 argument for Bush. I thought if this was still a prevailing thought amongst the electorate, we're all in trouble.

BTW, two things about McCain-Palin today that are just unbelievable to comprehend. McCain actually said this about Palin's national security experience, "Energy. She knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America. She's a governor of a state where 20% of America's energy supply comes from there. And we all know that energy is a critical and vital national security issue. We've got to stop sending $700 billion of American money to countries that don't like us very much. She's very well versed on that issue. And, uh, she also happens to represent, be governor of a state that's right next to Russia. She understands Russia."

That is a huge WTF right there. Energy as her bailiwick and because she is close to Russia, well, by God, that counts, too. I predicted they would use that as an example of her experience and can't believe it enters the discussion frequently.

The other was the Fred Thompson line, calling Palin "the most remarkable success story in the history of American politics.” What did these clowns drink over Labor Day weekend?

I think I need a day off from that shit, but they just keep on giving.

Meal of Links

The background that shapes McCain's war arguments. Two throwaway lines jump out at me: "...McCain’s incredulousness at the sight of Obama, a man he plainly does not respect..." and "...in Afghanistan, over time, we’ll grow an army...". The Afghan plan echoes Obama (re:Bin Laden), but that sounds rather Iraq-like to me.

The new DVD of "The Big Lebowski" is out. This article examines the politics within. (with 3 clips)

This is one angry bear. Palin nowhere to be found.

Gina Gershon as Palin



Billboard's all-time Top 100. "The Twist" is Number One.

Yep. He's my Congressman.

Exercise Yard

Could Ohio State and USC meet later on for the national title? Gee, I can't wait.

Visitor

22 Across: Formula One team that's a rival of Ferrari (7 letters) Answer: McLaren

No comments: