Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Some random thoughts.

I made meat loaf last night. Not parade-worthy, by any means. But I do recall my Dad, all of a sudden, not liking my Mom's recipe, claiming, "I dunno, it tastes different." Very Frank Costanza-ish. Thus, the quest for the ultimate meat loaf took place at several establishments, most ending in obvious disappointment. Especially when said loaf was accompanied by "smashed potatoes" unbeknownst to he who ordered it.




















I was reminded today of this Russian Olympian, pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva. Trust me, NBC showed her for maybe a minute. Clowns.

Let's hope this does not happen. It's early, but Hurricane Gustav may hit New Orleans the first night of the Republican Convention.

The story of Tom Brady's assistant. I guess it's not creepy. He's some sort of Svengali.

Time Warner Cable gets the Big Ten Network. Will somebody remind them the NFL Network is not on their system? And why did I get USA in HD for the Olympics, only to be yanked when U.S. Open Tennis starts? The "lack of bandwidth" excuse is wearing thin.

World Weekly News proclaims Obama's brother-in-law is Bat Boy! I have my doubts.

Meal of Links

"The Big Lebowski" nears its 10th anniversary with a new DVD. Jeff Bridges still has the sweater.

15 types of prison inmates. Sounds unusually like college to me.

The best movies of Robert Downey, Jr. With they hype of "Iron Man", they limited it to seven. Good inclusions on "Wonder Boys" and "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang". Probably missed by not including "Two Girls and a Guy".

I don't know if it's that popular, but the last two times I've visited Giant Eagle or Marc's, they have no Kozy Shack Chocolate Pudding. That is good stuff and it kinda sucks when you see only tapioca or rice available. I hate tapioca. I'd even eat the Soy Pudding, if it was available.

Exercise Yard

Might be the first time that "Dancing With The Stars" has no athlete advance very far. I think Maurice Greene will probably go the longest. Don't they know Ted McGinley is the Show Killer?

Visitor

48 Across: Ross MacDonald sleuth (9 letters) Answer: Lew Archer

No comments: