Friday, July 11, 2008

Well, Ronnie Biggs could get out of the can by Valentine's Day. That means, my Dead Pool may be responsible for Kevorkian and Biggs getting released. Currently, I have Jimmy Traficant. Look for him to serve his full sentence and be released.

My Dad had some tickets to the Tribe game tonight, so I tagged along. The good thing was Cliff Lee was on the mound. I have been to three games without a loss and now make it four, as the Indians won, 5-0. It was a game of agonizing length, because not a whole hell of a lot happened.

Oh yeah, Tampa's Jonny Gomes misplayed three balls in rightfield and that led to some runs for us. Not sure he has played much out there, but he was a butcher out there tonight. Jhonny Peralta homered and doubled early. Other than that, it was a yawner. My Dad still has only one less RBI than Andy Marte. But on the way in, I high-fived some kids who were hanging out of a window at the Thirsty Parrot. Then I asked my Dad if that made me a kid toucher and we decided no. Hey, we also got a glowstick. I guess for the fireworks we didn't stay for.

Meal of Links

Even pilots hate the TSA. Just get me through the line quickly. Thank you.

How did I miss this? Elvis Costello gets a show on Sundance. And there's also "Architecture School". I remember using our Architecture building's bathroom many weekends after drinking. And seeing people I knew on occasion, slaving over their projects. Not in the bathroom, but in the big room where the exit door was located.

Jerry Springer gives up on freaks. "And here's to you, Maury Povich. Our nation turns it's lonely eyes to you. Woo woo woo."

You can see the "Dark Knight" at 6 a.m. I like these sort of breakfast meetings.

The Superficial (NSFW) always makes us laugh. Read the comments for a laugh riot.

It is rather annoying when the House DJ plays shitty stuff after a good concert. I am reminded of the Jacobs Field days when the last out was recorded in a loss. What comes on? "Can't Stand Losing You" by The Police. Instantly.

Exercise Yard

If you think you can order dog in Beijing during the Olympics, you can't. At least, at official Olympic eateries. Which means there will be plenty to go around elsewhere.

Visitor

53 Down: Two-time N.L. batting champ Lefty (5 letters) Answer: O'Doul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Correction: Jerry does not give up on freaks. He is just limiting freakiness to the guests. The staff is being de-freaked, that's all. I mean, how believable is a legless body guard?