Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Steven Page of BNL got busted for cocaine possession. Saw them last year. All I know was the guy lost a ton of weight and was scampering about the stage the whole show. And even the other band members mentioned he may have been the sweatiest person alive.

Meal of Links

Amy Poehler will be on "The Office" spinoff. Which looks like it's not a true spinoff. I don't know what it is, but she's on it.

Bizarre suicide attempt. Gun used in suicide would float away by the use of helium balloons. It didn't work. Oh, he died, but the gun got snagged nearby by a bush.

Ten places in the U.S. that you must see. I'm 1-for-10, as I've been to the Oregon coast.

Is this rock bottom? Seriously, it's a vomiting reality show called "Hurl!".

Is Andy Dick channeling Robert DeNiro in his latest mugshot? Look at it closely. I say, "Yes."


















Bruce Springsteen stopped the Cold War and finally gets some affirmation. I am still waiting for my naming of Fred McGriff, "The Crime Dog", to be acknowledged.

Bjorn can't remember he was in ABBA. Probably a good thing, as I heard "Mamma Mia", the movie, sucked. Pierce Brosnan actually frightens me in that preview, BTW.

Randy Newman is apologizing for a song on his new record. It's called "Korean Parents".

Exercise Yard

Babe Ruth's last living teammate doesn't like the modern ballplayer too much. Calls them "caterwaulers". 1930 may have been the last time we saw that word in print. The word actually means to make noise like a cat in heat. Isn't that noise usually coming from the fans?

Visitor

16 Across: Baseball's Felipe (4 letters) Answer: Alou

No comments: