Sunday, July 27, 2008

After I trimmed some hedges this a.m., I set about to do a little grocery shopping. Mainly to get some steak at Giant Eagle. I was trying to buy some olive oil, as well. Thought for sure I had seen some at Marc's and it might be cheaper. I couldn't find it, but I did buy the 625-pack of Q-Tips there. BTW, how do those people stay in business?

Then I went over to Giant Eagle. Couldn't find any there, knew they had it though. Asked a worker, who took me to it. Why is it in the coffee aisle? Bottles of balsamic vinegar are elsewhere, shouldn't they be like peanut butter and jelly? I hate when I can't find stuff there!

Meal of Links

The Times of London says, "We don't live there." Has the story of John Edwards sex scandal. Gives every newspaper and network in the USA the greenlight to report it.

We've had some nice weather lately. How about a smoothie or a frozen drink. I must admit the picture of the Banana-Split Cake looks pretty good.





















The gang at Fire Joe Morgan really loves the Casey Blake trade. And I'm speaking of love in a rather snarky way. He did defy the odds by getting 2 hits yesterday. But whiffed twice and hit into a double play today.

The lesser-known 5 Best British Gangster Movies. I've seen "The Long Good Friday", "Sexy Beast" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". Saw a piece (ha, ha) of "Layer Cake" before I had to run off somewhere. All worth the time.

Exercise Yard

Fell asleep before I could see Margarito-Cotto over the Internets. Sounds like a great fight to catch on the replay next week.

So, today I watched the Brickyard 400 from Indy. Mostly after the Indians blew a game in the ninth inning. For some reason this year, games against the Twins have fascinated me enough to watch almost the whole game. Very strange. I think the Indians have lost most of those, BTW.

As for the race. What the hell was with those tires. They called about 7"Competition Yellows" because the Goodyear tires sucked today. They could barely go 15 laps before averting disaster, so the race was kind of a dull one. Not a whole lot of racing.

That's two races where the fans at Indy have been hosed. The F1 debacle of a few years ago also comes to mind.

I'll watch Carlos Sastre take the Tour de France in a few minutes here. And wonder why Cadel Evans didn't attack in the three weeks of the race.

Visitor

None, a rather nice summer Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made my day showing that photo of Casey in his Dodger Blue. What I love is that they will probably use him as he should be - UTILITY PLAYER!!!! How about Bud Shaw stating what we all suspect...Casey has compromising photos of Wedge. Okay he denied it, but Bud's been wrong before -not like Roger Brown being wrong, but off a bit - I think he has Shapiro photos.