Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I was at Marc's and wanted to use the dreaded Express Lane. You know, pay cash on 12 items or less. I think you can go the socially acceptable 2-3 items over, but that's about the only slack I cut anyone in the line.

I don't know, maybe people can't read, never look up at signs, or just love to plead ignorance. But how do you get in line with a full cart and then have the cashier let you get away with it? I ended up fourth in line behind these scofflaws and said loudly, "Hey, is this some sort of new Express Lane?" Deaf woman in front of me turns around and says, "It's supposed to be." It was as if the scofflaws intentionally put this audibly-challenged person in front of me as a distraction.

Before I could turn my wrath on her, I hopped to a different line. Just in time to see scofflaws needing a price check. Hah! Take that! I zipped out of there as the line had not budged an inch, as I left.

Meal of Links

Lara Flynn Boyle talks about "Twin Peaks". Full episodes can be seen here. That show never gets old for me. Especially if you view the ones that David Lynch directs. I took a look at a few minutes of an early episode with the "Baguette Scene", and it still delivers.

Ten drunk photos you don't want to be in. "Candid, you know, candid photography."

Amsterdam goes smoke-free on July 1. That's only for tobacco though. Cannabis? Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Exercise Yard

Typically, you have to do something pretty unique to have a rule named after you. Justin Miller of the Florida Marlins has one named after him. The Justin Miller Rule is for pitchers with tattoos. And he has a whole lot of ink on.

At Euro 2008, Italy gets through by beating the French, who played most of the match a man down. So, we bid bonsoir to France, who had terrible results in this tournament. That also means we get to hear the Italians sing "Fratelli d'Italia" some more. Everyone gets into that, it seems.

Some "Group of Death" (France, Romania, Italy) Anthems



But the Dutch won again and should we start calling them Clockwork Orange and have visions of "total football" running through the pitches of our minds?

This guy thinks so.




























Visitor

60 Down: Rebellious Turner (3 letters) Answer: Nat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Express line is a good name for your line because you certainly like to "express" your dissatisfaction about waiting in line!!! PFS