Monday, April 14, 2008

I was dreading the ride to work this morning, because 480 is being reconstructed on the eastbound side. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or temporary, but they actually had two spots you could bail out on to get to 77 and all of the Rockside mayhem.

I saw a truck exit ahead and then a bunch of cars followed. At first, I thought we may have been cheating, but it was a legitimate exit that forced you off. This was about halfway between the normal 77 exit and the Jennings entrance. But, it also appeared that if you missed that exit, they gave you another chance and it'll probably keep the traffic flowing better. Hopefully, they keep it this way.

All of our other local construction.

Meal of Links

Has Billy Bragg mellowed? Seems the new album might offer some proof.

All about Bob Dylan's XM show. A nice collection of his themes (his one on Dogs was great), quotes, jokes, even recipes. Why just last week I heard him intro that great Porter Wagoner song, "The Cold Hard Facts of Life":

"I left the store two steps behind the stranger
From there to my house his car stayed in sight
But it wasn't till he turned into my drive that I learned
I was witnessing the cold hard facts of life"

Tim Goodman talks about the CBS comedies. And how they compare to NBC and why certain people won't watch them.

President Bush chats with Jon Stewart.

Dexter is dating his sister. Well, they did live together.

Exercise Yard

Herschel Walker is starting to talk about his multiple personalities. This old article from the SI Vault mentions most of his quirks. The daily 2,000 situps, ballet, FBI, bobsledding, his bread and water diet and most everything.

Visitor

50 Down: Trumpeter Armstrong (5 letters) Answer: Louis

No comments: