Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The happiest songs of the '80s. Lots to hate on this list, but there are video links. My personal hatred for "Walking on Sunshine" knows no bounds. And The Hooters...Ugh! But the good stuff includes some Rush on there and there's "Fascination". I can handle all the leads on that one. I always thought that dark-haired one was hot. Not Phil Oakey. The chick!

Page Two gives us "She's Tight" by Cheap Trick. What a great tune that is. I maintain Robin Zander has one of the best rock voices ever, he can sing anything. And they are in town later this summer at Blossom. Jee-zus. Also, "It's Tricky" by Run-DMC. Hey, there's Penn and Teller!

Page Three is pretty strong. Sparks! Flesh for Lulu! "Tesla Girls"! I actually heard an unplugged live version of "Lawyers in Love" yesterday. I always liked that one, "Am I the only one who hears the screams and the strangled cries of lawyers in love?". Of course, there's "Down Under"...ooh yeah.

Page Four. Scritti Politti! That's a scary-lookin' dude in Level 42's original video, but a good tune. Good song to sing backup on. Remember when they used to play "One Vision" by Queen at the Cavs games? "One man. One goal. One mission. One heart. One soul. Just one solution." Hah! "Mickey", the song where she says, "I'll take it up the butt." "Strip"! Don't forget those claps on "Europa and the Pirate Twins".

Meal of Links

Historians declare Bush the worst President ever. Rates around this select group: A. Johnson, Pierce, Buchanan and Fillmore. Yikes.

"The Office" returns tomorrow. Thank goodness. Looks like Ed Helms may get the spinoff. I would say that would work quite well. Menawhile, it's a Jenna Fischer chat. She says a regular cast member will leave the show at the end of this season. So, I would think it would be Helms. Also, a talk with John Krasinski.

The secret lives of grocery shoppers. Even though I make a list every week, I am not in this book. My current notepad for the lists: "It's five'o'clock somewhere".

Which Keanu character are you? I am introspective, yet curious. I yearn for answers in a confusing world. Hi, I'm Neo.

Keith Richards talks about toy syringes. He gave up cocaine after he fell out of the tree, but he still smokes the hippy lettuce "all the time".

Exercise Yard

Greg LeMond gets dumped by Trek. His outspokenness against doping...er...Lance Armstrong apparently fed up the bigwigs at Trek.

Visitor

43 Across: Jazz at Lincoln Center artistic director (14 letters) Answer: Wynton Marsalis

No comments: