Saturday, February 16, 2008

The sun is out today. My God, what did we do wrong? After attending another Polka Happy Hour at the Happy Dog, I didn't have an opportunity to take advantage of the sun today, because I had the rest of my plumbing issues tended to.

I had originally scheduled it for the 29th, but I got a call yesterday that said I was scheduled for today, so I am not one to argue. They did a great job and it only took about 4 hours this time, because the work done was pretty straightforward. So, that headache is resolved.

It also allowed me to watch CSU play #9 Butler. A rare Saturday afternoon game for Cleveland State. Since I'm at all of the home games, I haven't been able to assess the broadcast team on STO. Uh, they are not good.

Case in point, with the score tied at 40 with 13:59 left, J'Nathan Bullock hits a short shot to tie and is fouled. I'm happy, because if he hits the free throw, CSU is up by three. Well, the refs reversed the call and the basket is taken away. CSU scores only 6 points the rest of the way (Butler only scored 11 more, to show you how ugly it was). And the announcers never mentioned how much or how long of a scoring drought CSU had the rest of the game!

Hey director, stat guy, anyone, whisper into the guys ears so they can tell us. Brutal. I don't think it's picky. I mean the score stayed 48-42 Butler from the 9:03 mark until 3:24 remained. That is beyond eternity in basketball. At a point in the game when CSU is trailing by 5 or 6 points with a little bit of time left, it would be nice to know how long it took them to score their last 6 points. That's all I'm asking.

CSU lost, 51-46.

Meal of Links

As if I have enough to worry about, now we are going to shoot a satellite down. Seems easy, right? Well, how come, I am reading things like:

"The government has placed six rescue teams across the country to be prepared to act if the satellite hits the United States." (Hopefully, one near me.)

"The Navy missile will be fired as the satellite reenters the atmosphere and has a reasonably high opportunity for success." (I was thinking how about 100% accuracy?)

"If it hits the ground, it could leak gas and cause potentially fatal injury over an area of the size of about two football fields." (Uh-oh.)

"Two other Navy cruisers with backup missiles have been dispatched and that they could take additional shots at the satellite, if necessary." (Again, I would think the first guy would get it right.)

John Cleese delivers a letter to America. Big changes forthwith.

The Number One underrated city in America is Baltimore. Hey, I watch "The Wire", I'm not sure I agree.

Exercise Yard

Plumbing also permitted me to watch one of the greatest upsets in F.A. Cup history this morning. Barnsley beat mighty Liverpool. Can't believe I just typed that. That would be the equivalent of the Kinston Indians beating the Red Sox.

Effin' Barnsley with a goal in the last seconds. After they had been hosed seconds earlier on a non-penalty call. Amazing.

Visitor

21 Across: Title assassin in a 1990 French film (6 letters) Answer: Nikita (A great opening scene)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Given the record of this government the last 7 years, shooting down a rogue satelite should be very worrisome. God forbid it "accidently" falls in one of the "axis of evil" countries. Oops, we have another war.
BTW if you watch the "Ace of Cakes", Duff is always telling us how sweet Baltimore is.