Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Nomar Stalker and I were at the Cavs game tonight. And we were in row 1! We had chairs, too, so a little more room. But Row 1 isn't all it's cracked up to be, because we were in Row 1 where the visitors tunnel extends to the locker room, so our view to the court was somewhat obscured. Besides that, before the game a girl comes crashing into my head. What is it with these games where my noggin has become a target?

Not only that, but we were on the aisle. Therefore, the Cavs have a garbage can to block people from using the steps to sneak past the phalanx of security that is watching the game, blocking my view. And it's not a prop. It is actually used for garbage. So, to set the scene, I can't see, my head hurts and I'm sitting next to garbage.

It was not a good first half. Then LeBron woke up. He had the quietest 36 points you'll see. I think he had 4 points at the half. It wasn't anything the Hawks were doing special, he just wasn't looking to do much early. Atlanta has some talent, but it wasn't enough as the Cavs won, 98-94.

Meal of Links

The Iowa Cauci ("Cawkeye") are tomorrow. Here are the GOP candidates in the form of Buffy villains. I just heard Mitt Romney say he was going to Ottumwa.

Jack White chats up Patti Page about "Conquest". Remember to "Shop Victoriously".

Over the holidays, you consume a bunch of stuff you don't normally have. Like bread pudding. Things I liked:

C.F. Burger Lite Egg Nog-not too shabby for a lite. I was an Egg Nog Hog this year.

Edy's Take the Cake Ice Cream-This is insane. It's slow churned and light, but it's ice cream that tastes like yellow cake. Be cheap with the kids on their birthdays and don't buy cake. Just dump this on them. And it's good with bits of frosting and other sprinkly things inside.

And, of course, Snyder of Berlin BBQ potato chips. These are the schnizz, homeskillet!

Exercise Yard

Joe Buck Popcorn. Dude.

Visitor

42 Across: Hall of Famer Durocher (3 letters) Answer: Leo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you also have a problem with birds flying into your HUGE head? I have a friend EB who has the same problem. Jerry (PF)S.