Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I always try to check out music on Tuesdays and stumbled across a couple of items that interested me.

The "Conquest" video from the White Stripes made me laugh. The Patti Page version of "Conquest" is being blasted in an eBay commercial, the one with the dog race.

The White Stripes-"Conquest"



And I also found out Death Cab For Cutie covers one of my faves from days gone by, "World Shut Your Mouth" by Julian Cope. Check out that mic stand.

Julian Cope-"World Shut Your Mouth"



Meal of Links

Christmas was always commercialized. And a reason to party. Nothing to see here, move along.

Jimmy Kimmel gets suspended without pay. But he's loyal to his staff.

The Top 10 Christmas villains. Good to see Snow Miser and Heat Miser in that number two slot.

Exercise Yard

Is anyone awake at the corner of Ontario and Carnegie? Since our season ended, we now have the Cabrera the Lesser in our own division. Hopefully, the Tribe addresses something in this offseason, because the Tigers are loaded. They improved that lineup in a big way by nabbing Miguel Cabrera. Cabrera at third over Brandon Inge or at first over Sean Casey is an off-the-charts improvement. Pudge now hits ninth. The Tigers are going for it next year.

The main issue I have with the Indians lack of action is the packages that the Twins sent to get Delmon Young and what the Tigers did today, could have been matched by the Indians. Plus, these are legitimate young stars entering the division. Young is 22. Cabrera will turn 25 next season, and is the best right-handed hitter since Manny Ramirez. Dontrelle Willis has thrown a ton of innings and is a Cy Young winner, but is only 25.

That's why when I hear names like Shannon Stewart and others bandied about, I wanna puke.

Visitor

21 Across: Pinky or Peggy (3 letters) Answer: Lee (I chose Pinky and God, that guy scared me.)

No comments: