Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Today has been a mighty struggle. Within the last 10 days, I just read an article on how you can injure yourself while sleeping. I have this penchant for sleeping in some rather funky positions and sure enough, I wake up with the worst stiff neck I've had in ages. It's not really a stiff neck, it appears to be beyond that, like a pinched nerve or something.

I was only in at work this a.m., but by the time I left, it was really flaring up. It's the type of pain where a simple movement or one that goes a bit quicker than I am prepared for, results in unbelievable pain. You know, the kind that makes you say naughty words and can almost drop you to your knees. I mean eating is even an issue. Thank God I wasn't eating soup, even a big spoon would not have helped. Oh, I have the appropriate drugs, but this is not the way I wanted to start a Thanksgiving break.

Meal of Links

Pointless rivalries that happen to be funny. Speaking of "Seinfeld", I happened to watch "Frank TV" last night. Umm, it was fairly mediocre. Although Frank added a nice Newman and Charles Barkley to the mix. I'm thinking "Fun Frank TV" might be more interesting.

Cool word illusions. The third one was most enlightening.

Oprah endorses Obama. But, Ric Flair endorses Mike Huckabee. Whoo-o-o-o. "Luger, I got more cars than you got friends."

Exercise Yard

Becks can't believe it, either.




















Euro 2008 took a strange turn today, as England did not qualify. I suspect Steve McClaren won't be coaching the squad after tomorrow, as England lost 3-2, to Croatia at Wembley.

Scott Carson, Randy Lerner's Other Team's goalkeeper, started today. Uh, he did not fare so well, as he gave up a terrible goal in the first 15 minutes and England was down, 2-0, at halftime. Frank Lampard actually made a penalty kick and Becks (a sub today) hit Peter Crouch with a beautiful cross that resulted in the tying goal in the second half. Croatia scored 12 minutes later to put it away.

All accounts say Croatia was the better team and they defeated England twice in the qualifying. Even the Croatian coach, Slaven (not Brian) Bilic, didn't mince words. "I read in the papers that you said none of my players would get in the England team," Bilic said. "Guys, wake up." Don't you wish all coaches said stuff like that.

The English are kinda stunned and certainly mad right now. Tournaments are always better when England represents. World Cup draw is this week in South Africa.

Visitor

47 Down: Infomercial knife (4 letters) Answer: Ginsu

No comments: