Sunday, November 04, 2007

Last night, we gathered up the men in my family to search for some grub. Plan A was to go to Melt as I had not been there in a while. When we arrived, however, it was packed to the gills. There was a high school football playoff game at Lakewood and I'm sure thousands were in attendance to see Jeff Dunham, the ventriloquist, at the Civic Auditorium.

So, we obviously had to head elsewhere for Plan B. Which is the good thing about Lakewood. I thought maybe Crazy Rita's would be a substitute, but that will become a Cleats (and don't we have enough of them yet?), Johnny Malloy's had the Calzaghe fight, but we were too early, so we headed over to the old reliable, the West End, where we got to see the end of the Navy-Notre Dame game and also the conclusion of Michigan-Michigan State. As usual, food (especially the buffalo chicken tenders) and beer (Shiner Bock) were good.

Meal of Links

A journey through Chicago to get 10 free tacos during the allotted time last Tuesday, courtesy of the feet of one Tacoby Ellsbury. Why in God's name did they have this promotion on a Tuesday afternoon?

The tongue stud of Mrs. Kucinich. Yep, he's my Congressman.

Bob Dylan has an art exhibit in Germany. I'm sure Red Skelton is jealous...er, was...uh, smiling broadly from above.

Exercise Yard

Ball State 's basketball program is kinda screwed up. BTW, I finally got my CSU tickets on Friday. Considering there is an exhibition game on Tuesday, that seems to be cutting it close. Can't wait to see the new mascot. And I also got center court seats to see CSU play Ohio State in December at Quicken Loans Arena in the McClendon Game.

Visitor

A busy Sunday--The Wiggles, Browns and Springsteen.

No comments: