Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I've finally digested the list of the Top 50 TV Icons. Omigod, Jimmy Smits is on there. I can't help but think of Krusty the Clown when I see him. "And I'll be played by Jimmy Smits!"

I Don't Get The High Ranking:

49. Calista Flockhart
39. Jennifer Aniston
37. George Clooney
31. Sarah Jessica Parker

Should Be Higher:

50. Larry Hagman
34. Bob Barker ("Truth or Consequences and "The Price Is Right". Enough said.)
28. Howard Cosell (Monday Night Football. Ali. Dominant for a long time.)
19. Andy Griffith (We are almost cradle-to-grave with that guy.)

Missing:

James Garner (What a serious omission. I'm such a fanboy, I have some of his phone messages from "Rockford" on my iPod. "Jimmy, old buddy, buddy. It's Angel. You know how they allow you one phone call. Well...this is it.")
Bugs Bunny (Every Saturday morning. Damn, every week and he's not on here.)
Steve Allen (Hello? What am I missing?)
Dave Diles (C'mon. The Prudential College Scoreboard! Bah!)

Other TV sounds on my iPod that I like:

Frank Costanza: "I find tinsel distracting."

Fox Mulder: "Whatever tape you found in that VCR isn't mine."
Dana Scully: "Good. Because I put it back in that drawer with all those other videos that aren't yours."

"THEY BROKE ELIAN"S BED!!!!!"

Meal of Links

Well, Hugh Grant sold his Warhol for $24 million. I guess he can afford a few more box office disasters. However, this exhibit looks something to check out in Big D. Foreigners doing karaoke to The Smiths. I dunno, I think it looks interesting. I do a pretty good version of "Ask" myself.

The Cal Marching Band salutes old video games. Pong was funny.

TV is pushing the race card. And I think I laughed at everyone of the jokes.

Exercise Yard

The Henne/Hart/Carr Chart at the University of Michigan. Let's hope for a big win this year, men.

Visitor

65 Across: 1969 baseball upstarts (4 letters) Answer: Mets

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missing.....
Bob Denver (Gilligan's Island & Doby Gillis), Merv Griffin, Kelsey Grammar?
Best Supporting Icons....
Don Knotts, Jerry Stiller
WTF.....
Jimmy Smits, Calista Flockhart, Sarah Michelle Geller, Jennifer Aniston, Sarah Jessica Parker
My 2 cents. PFS

Anonymous said...

I think they got the top 10 right, but I agree there were some ommissions. What about Walt Disney? Hey PFS, you have to let SJP in! Don't you remember her stellar performance in Square Pegs?

Anonymous said...

Yes. I do remember her on Square Pegs and as the lead singer of Twisted Sister. PFS