Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I ran into the Best Buy at Steelyard Commons today. But it wasn't an ordinary Best Buy. It was like a Mini-Best Buy. They only have two cashiers. I didn't walk around too much. It seemed the TV section was comparable, and I didn't get a good look at the DVD/CD sections. Not sure if I was disappointed, as it probably meets the needs of most people in the neighborhood.

Meal of Links

It was 50 years ago today, Sputnik began to play. Actually it's tomorrow.

Go to Slacker.com. Click on Slacker Spotlight. Then click on SPIN Punk. First song I hear is "See No Evil" by Television. Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Then I skip a few tunes and there is "I'm Waiting For The Man" by Velvet Underground. OK, I'm sold.

Gene Simmons on a pumpkin. Bono, too.

Exercise Yard

The Tribe starts their playoff series against the Yanks tomorrow night. My fear is the Yankee lineup hitting and our lineup failing to hit. I think we are OK with Sabathia and Carmona pitching Games 1 and 2. What I don't like is if we split the first two games, it's Westbrook and Byrd in NYC. Not thrilled about that. I think C.C. has to start Game 4, regardless of who is leading 2-1.

And then there's Jobo to close the games. Let's start crossing everything now, saying those prayers and lighting some candles.

Visitor

40 Down: Fictional crime family name (8 letters) Answer: Corleone

No comments: