Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dumbledore is gay? I thought he was dead?

I finally hit the wall last night. I think I had more sleep last night than the previous three nights combined. Glad there as no game, because I was a pile. Thought on Thursday that I was getting some sort of flu, but I think I was just rundown. Just miserable the last few days. Hate that feeling. Nothing that a Honey Crisp apple won't cure. Thanks to Best Friend, you won't find a better apple.

Meal of Links

When drugs were legal. A look at ads, products and labels when drugs were legal. My favorite might be the Benzedrine Inhaler.

Bill Maher had to deal with hecklers on his show last night. They were 9/11 Truthers. Maher went up into the audience to help eject one person himself. Best line from Joel Stein when Maher gets back to the table, "They won't shout Jerry for you?"

In case you were wondering the Writers Guild voted a strike authorization. Here are some potential ramifications.

Exercise Yard

Touchdown Manny.




























I thought the Indians would take this in six games. That's tonight.

Curt Schilling talks about Game 6 tonight at Fenway. I go back to many fans pre-analysis of Game 5. "C.C. saw what Byrd and Westbrook did by attacking the strike zone." "C.C. had two bad games in a row, he's due." The problem is we don't know what the hell will happen. Everything you say about Fausto Carmona can be applied to Schilling, as well, conveniently forgotten by the locals. He had one great game in the ALDS, one bad game in the ALCS.

The fact is, Carmona is on the cusp of stardom. If he tosses a game to beat a stalwart of postseason play, Schilling, he'll cement that status. If not, we'll move on to Sunday's game and hopefully, they will take that one.

Visitor

19 Across: Frankenstein portrayer (10 letters) Answer: Peter Boyle

No comments: