Monday, September 03, 2007

Things I failed to mention this past week:

No way could you be a season ticket holder for baseball and attend every game. You don't eat right, you drink a lot, you stay up late to take care of your home life. Unless you were a lottery winner, which I wasn't. Again. Twice this past week.

Mo Rocca cracked me up on one of those VH-1 shows about the '80s. They were talking about "Murder, She Wrote". He said, "Cabot Cove makes the South Bronx look like Playland."

To show how texting can get out of control, Kevin texted me while I was two seats away from him at the game. He wanted to kill the kids behind us, and didn't want to tip his hand.

Plus, I had to help Kevin finish those damn nachos again.

There was a guy at the Taste of Cleveland, who was either insane or stalking Gale. He kept doing laps around us. At first, I called him Crazy Joe Davola, but Maggie nailed it by calling him an "older Joe Dirt". Mr. Mix even tailed him to get the scoop. It was unbelievably funny.

I happened to catch this Razr ad featuring Shiny Toy Guns music. Hot chick cuttin' it up more ways then one. Hello, Moto.



While strolling around Target on Friday afternoon, I happened to push my cart right by a fine young family. A little girl was sitting in the cart and turned her head while Mom was placing something behind her in the basket. Well, she just didn't turn her head, she whipped her head around so fast for some reason, she whacked her head into the side of the cart. Rather a freak accident, but then the wailing ensued. Mom didn't seem too concerned and continued to shop, kinda of almost following me. Kid is still in major pain.

Mom: "Do you want your Daddy? Well, he's not here."
Kid: "Waaaaaaaah!"
Mom: "Would like a sucker?"
Kid: "Waaaaaaaah!"
Me: "Hey, how about giving her an icepack?"

"Flight of the Conchords" wrapped up its season on Sunday. I thought this was the surprise hit of the summer. Very funny. I thought the stronger episodes were in the middle of the run, but I never failed to laugh out loud at this one.

Meal of Links

Looks like the new Woody Allen movie stinks. Another one set in the UK, but looks like nothing special.

While at yesterday's game being buzzed by the Thunderbirds, (yes, it was the Thunderbirds), I flashed back to a game at the old Stadium. My Dad and I saw Randy Johnson absolutely fall apart during a start with the Mariners, once the planes started up. He was so tall, I think he ducked once or twice. Definitely scared the crap out of him and it was a come-from-behind win for us. We sat there in disbelief. Here is the box score. Fifth inning recap does not mention "Planes start to buzz Randy Johnson's head", but it happened. Even Felix Fermin drew a walk that inning, his second of the game. We won in the ninth on an Albert Belle single. God, that was 15 years ago.

Where to learn about food. I see they mention Chowhound...nice.

Exercise Yard

Shocking. Charlie Frye starts Sunday. Yawn.

Visitor

37 Down: Zany Martha (4 letters) Answer: Raye (And they wonder why kids don't do crosswords)

No comments: