Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Now that my Dad can see, I took him to dinner. I had a gift certificate (courtesy of Cleveland Independents) laying around for Mavis Winkle's, which was gonna expire tomorrow, so we went today. We both opted for corned beef. He for a sammie and me for a dinner. I thought it was pretty decent. Boy, they had a nice whole grain mustard sauce that was yummy.

Not bad overall. This was the Independence location, where the old Cooker once stood. We sat in the bar section, so we could see the Tribe's home game in Seattle. Nice selection on tap. I had a couple of Harps. Some Irish music in the background, and thankfully, not in my ear.

Meal of Links

Has Bill O'Reilly gone mad? Even more on Olbermann from The Nation.

Toyota recalls floor mats. That might be a first.

The Superficial notes that Victoria Beckham celebrates "The War" and dresses like a Nazi. A commenter notes: Himmler Chic.





















Exercise Yard

Why you can't name a horse Nutzapper. Or, if you can, don't brag about it. But the Jockey Club has decided that some interesting names do pass the test. Jail Bait (twice) and Cunning Stunt somehow sneaked by. I think Rock Hard Ten was the last one on the national stage that was kinda funny.

Visitor

48 Down: Immortal racer Earnhardt (4 letters) Answer: Dale

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Keith...if my engagement to George (Clooney not Bush, duh) doesn't work out, I am going to have to play "Odd Ball" HAH!