Saturday, September 22, 2007

Is there a more thankless job than cleaning your garage? I can't think of any. But that's what I've been doing lately. Fun factor kinda on the low side.

I've also been trying to sneak in a last bit of grilling, as well. Last night, it was chicken. Today, I tried the "salt the shit out of your steak" preparation I had come across earlier. I had a strip steak and thought it worked out pretty well. Fairly tender, but I am going to try it a little more on the rare side next time to see the results. So far, so good though. I'll see how a different cut works, as well.

Hey, I yelled "Jesus Christ" at some driver in the Post Office parking lot today. Just as a nun was walking by. Is that bad? She didn't say anything or look. Well, as far as I know, because I had something urgent I had to look for in my glove compartment. Didn't find anything, I mean, it, before I moved on.

Thought I'd finally watch some college football today, as I am waiting for the Pavlik-Taylor fight next Saturday. But all the late afternoon games were shitty. And what's the deal with Ohio State on both ABC and ESPN locally? Cannot think of a dumber move. Anyhow, those games became nothing more than background noise after a while. But I noticed songs by Bob Mould (which I guess has been on a while) and Emerson, Lake and Palmer were on commercials. I think Mould was on for TIAA-CREF. ELP, I have no idea, I think it was college football related. I looked up and saw a guy being tackled. Hell, maybe it was the band during a game, I don't know.

OK, we have seen Beach Volleyball cheerleaders. Pretty fans, of course, of World Cup Soccer. Can't tell if these are cheerleaders or lap dancers at the Rugby World Cup:

























Meal of Links

Finally, a country with an exchange rate so simple, even I can understand it. Not good for us, but blame Canada. Let's see, one U.S. dollar equals one Canadian dollar. I think I can handle that.

Christmas reality show, "Clash of the Choirs". Have we reached rockbottom with this one? Wow, they rocked "Adeste Fidelis", didn't they?

The guy from O.J.'s press conference. It was damn funny.

Paul forwarded me this survey of which presidential candidate you align with the closest. According to this, I would vote for Mike Gravel and run away from electing Sam Brownback. I believe Gravel is further left than Dennis Kucinich and I'm pretty sure Brownback is the furthest to the right. But we all know they won't be on the ticket.

Exercise Yard

I'm not sure if this debuted with any fanfare, but Cleveland.com has a Browns database up and running. This covers all of the game action from 1946 to the present. A very neat tool.

It helps clarify some things you may have thought you had seen at some games. For instance, when I was a kid, did Thom (the original Jhonny) Darden really fumble away an interception return when no one was within 20 yards of him against the Bengals. Yes, he did. Here is how it was described: "There was one sack and an interception by Thom Darden.

The Cleveland safety made his steal in the second quarter when the Bengals seemed ready to move in for another score. Darden grabbed the ball at his 3 but lost control and fumbled out of bounds at the Cleveland 30. He appeared to have a clear path to a touchdown or a long gain at the least."

We lost that game, 10-7.

Even then, the horrible plays stuck with me.

Visitor

42 Across: Uncle (4 letters) Answer: Ben's BTW, awful clues/answers today. Zodiac sign was "The Crab"? Duh-umb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mein Gott-- the survey says I am for Romney-----------------JMK

Anonymous said...

I too was matched with Gravel and was too close to Kucinich for comfort. Let's face it, neither one of these guys are "sexy" candidates.