Tuesday, July 24, 2007

While trying to survive the demise of Weekly World News:

Last night, I ventured over to the Winking Lizard before the Tribe-Red Sox game. There I visited with my goddaughter, her brother, brother's friend, Mom, and a couple of local friends. Everybody looked good and it was nice to see some of our Miami contingent, up from southern Ohio.

As far as the game was concerned, Jake Westbrook didn't look so good. He gave up 5 in the first two innings and that was a big rut to climb out from. So, it was kind of a sucky game and the Red Sox cruised to another win.

Meal of Links

After seeing her mugshot that reminded me of Tatum O'Neal, I feel compelled to offer my services to Lindsay Lohan. Whatever it costs for her rehab, I'll take half. I'll have the electronic fence up for her ankle bracelet so she can't escape, I mean, visit the bars. And, if she does not want to move here, I volunteer to be her driver. As Amy Winehouse sings, "They tried to make me go to rehab. I said no, no, no."

Keith Hernandez talks about his guest role on "Seinfeld". That was only 15 years ago. So many classics in this episode. "Ah, I'm jealous of everybody."

David Stern proves his worth as NBA commissioner. As predicted he said, "rogue" as in "rogue, isolated criminal".

Exercise Yard

More doping at this year's "Tour de France". It's now reached the comical stage, where Alexandre Vinokourov wins a stage and fails a drug test. The current wearer of the yellow jersey, Michael Rasmussen, has missed a couple of drug tests, resulting in a ban at the 2008 Olympics. So, even this win, if it happens, will be tainted.

Visitor

53 Down: "Picnic" playwright (4 letters) Answer: Inge

No comments: