Saturday, July 14, 2007

No one alerted me to this, but yesterday was Kevin's birthday. I was only gonna be Downtown for a brief time and have a couple of bourbons, but word on the street was he would show up around 7:30 or so. Then I caught wind of his plan. From Noon to Midnight, since he was 24, he was going to have a beer and a shot every hour. Oh, the folly of youth. So, I participated in at least a couple of those hours. I normally don't do shots, but I had a grape bomb and something I don't even know what. Pretty tasty, but let's not make a career out of it. As it was nearing 10, he headed off to Lakewood and I'm sure toward lots of sleeping today.

Meal of Links

Larry David proclaims "I'm Jesus Christ". His enthusiasm for questioning the questioners at his press conferences has not been curbed.

If you tend to look for buying goods and services at a discount, here's a guide on when to buy. I think I agree with everything except buying gas on Thursdays. I always avoid that day and even with more price volatility lately, I still can't see going on Thursdays, no matter how early.

Weekly World News has found a descendant of Shakespeare. In Alabama, of all places. And, no, it's not Bat Boy.

Exercise Yard

Gary Sheffield opens his mouth again. Lots of fun things come out. Joe Torre is racist, he doesn't take steroids because "steroids are something you shoot in your butt", and that Derek Jeter "ain't all the way black". This should get him some headlines for a while.

Visitor

14 Down: CBS weekend news anchor during the Cronkite era (4 letters) Answer: Mudd

No comments: