Saturday, June 16, 2007

I knew "General Hospital" would come in handy some day. For me, the worst part of the crosswords is any Greek reference. Any mythological references regarding gods and muses, I lean towards being a cipher. But I knew today's clue "Titan who stole fire from the Gods". Prometheus! That's because, many years ago, there was a plot line where they tried to steal the Prometheus Disk. Thank you, Dr. Grant Putnam!

My Dad always tells the corniest jokes, so last night I guess I tried to channel him. There was a comparison of some cool watches. The first one was a watch from Guess, which looked really sharp. The next watch was really beautiful from Ocean7, I said, "Ocean7? Wow, that must be old. They are already up to 13, is this from the '40s?" Hey, it's Father's Day weekend, back off.

Meal of Links

"The Believer" has its music issue out. You can read snippets and purchase online. Subjects include: Beatles vs. Stones, Bob Dylan, Terence Trent D'Arby and Trent Reznor. Check it out.

If Fred Thompson runs for President, that means the "Law & Order" reruns with him might not run. Residual checks of the co-stars would suffer.

Applebee's. Where kids are drinking good in the neighborhood.

Exercise Yard

A really funny Father's Day.

Visitor

21 Across: Spade and others (5 letters) Answer: Kates

No comments: