Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm mad I saw Casey Blake whiff with the bases loaded tonight.

I'm mad I go to watch "Seinfeld" at 7:30, only to find it pre-empted for some insipid "American Idol" red carpet show. They are handing out too many red carpets these days. Will they have one for Big Chuck's retirement show?

I'm mad that I go to watch the replay of the Champions League Final on ESPN2 after the "Seinfeld" debacle, only to find Roger Clemens pitching in some minor league game. WTF? Ravech, Kruk and Uncle Petey are calling the game from the studio. Ugh!

I'm mad that as I drift to the Yankees-Red Sox game, Berman refers to Jason Giambi as "forthcoming". That was a huge WTF? The guy never copped to steroids, still hasn't explained his illness a while back, and admitted to "taking some stuff" recently. Yup, the new Honest Abe wears pinstripes.

I'm mad that National City Bank sent me a coupon where I get a free complimentary plane fare when I buy one. They fail to mention the price of said paid fare is at an extortionist's rate. The back of the coupon basically says if you can find a better fare elsewhere, go for it. Thanks, NCB.

I'm mad that Cleveland State wants to upgrade their locker room facilities. Hey, I see nothing wrong with that. But who wants to pay $5,000 ($2,500 for two years) to have naming rights to someone's locker? "See, Junior, the guy who never plays uses a locker that I sponsor." "Gee, Pops, you're a damn fool."

I'm mad gas prices are as high as they are. At Sheetz, gas ($3.39/gallon), a steak salad, and a caffiene-free Diet Pepsi was over $30. Get those refineries moving.

I'm mad at the Democrats for caving on this latest war bill. Stop the war. It's that simple. Do your job.

I'm mad that the latest Sudoku gave me trouble. And that was the biggest WTF of the day.

Meal of Links

The only reason I mention "The View" today is that I find myself siding with Elisabeth, for once. I am tired of people on the tube spouting crap and basically going unchecked. And it's just not this show. ESPN's "Baseball Tonight" is also suffering from that syndrome, as this post points out terrifically. Matter of fact, on ESPNews tonight, John Kruk said that A-Rod's slide into the Red Sox second baseman last night was a dirty play. Orel Hershiser rightly pointed out that that guy had slid hard into Derek Jeter earlier in the game. Didn't necessarily put Kruk in his place, but at least Orel used a fact when giving his take.

This guy went to see Steely Dan at the Beacon last night. Something about the phrase "boneable backup singer" got my attention.

See, I saved you how many weeks of watching "Dancing With The Stars". Apolo Anton Ohno wins. Never in doubt.

Exercise Yard

When I was a wee lad, Howard Porter was one of the first college hoops stars I came to know. He's had a rough go lately and might not make it.

Visitor

9 Down: Controversial 2006 Tour de France winner Floyd (6 letters) Answer: Landis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take heart - at least you are able to do the crossword, jumble and wonderword - a rare triple. Maybe you are just better with words than numbers - tee hee. Next time you are stuck, call your Canadian friend for assistance. Oh, he checked out. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm mad you mentioned the View and didn't call Rosi a fat lump.

Anonymous said...

I'm mad that I wasn't that trooper in Nashville a couple of weeks ago!! cth