Saturday, March 31, 2007

There is nothing like exchanging Christmas presents near Easter. Many may say it does not qualify as a holiday present at this point, but I think it does. Regardless, it's nice to get some gifts at a time of the year when you usually get squadoosh. So, Best Friend and I decided, "Yes, gifts should be exchanged." and we did this at Momocho. No $35 pitchers of margaritas, but Happy Hour margaritas instead. $3.25 a pop makes them extra yummy.

Hey, I got a book...nice! And "The Office" DVD...even more nice! Then everyone picked on me because I got a box for one shrimp. With accompanying stuff, I might add, so I didn't think it was that heinous. Didn't feel like jamming it down my piehole, because I was stuffed or had hit the margarita limit. Besides, it makes for a good lunch.

Meal of Links

How they rip you off at the car dealership, when purchasing a vehicle. Bottom line is do your homework.

Christopher Walken is 64 today. I wonder if he has a fever.

The odd thing about MLB's "Civil Rights Game" today was that the Indians participated. Yes, our team with Chief Wahoo prominently displayed. Except for today. The other strange happening from the broadcast was that ESPN appeared to want to photograph or interview every black person in attendance. Seriously, C.C. Sabathia and Josh Barfield had more facetime than Paris Hilton did in her video. And that's probably more than they will have all year.

Exercise Yard

Tonight, Gale and I went to watch the OSU-Georgetown game at Fox and Hound on Day Drive. They gave us an excellent high-top table to watch teh game on the big screen. A few feet futher back and it would have been like at home, watching from my kitchen.

Hey, I don't mind OSU hoops, it's the football team that incurs my wrath. We went there because it's the OSU Alumni hangout. Or perhaps, one of many around here. Anyhow, we went there because I thought it would be a neat atmosphere and it sorta was. They actually had a bass drum and a brass section that played all of my favorite OSU tunes. OK, that was getting annoying by the end of the game.

But some lady dropped a pamphlet off at our table for the local Alumni group. You know, you do not need to be an OSU alum to join. I may join as a hoot and get some inside information I can pass to the men up north.

Visitor

59 Across: NBA's Thurmond et al. (5 letters) Answer: Nates

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not take it for football's Valhalla will put a pox on you--------------------------------JMK