Monday, March 12, 2007

I was reminded of this today. I was over at the Post Office on Saturday and Lenny was working. Lenny is the old clerk who allegedly went crazy and threw a trashcan at a customer. I walk on eggshells when he's working. I needed a book of stamps and asked him for something new. Of course, he gives me the "Love and Kisses" stamps. I can't win.

Meal of Links

Wouldn't you like to have a conversation with Shane MacGowan? At least once?

March Madness has many bubble teams. And if you watched or listened to any sports programming, you know Syracuse got hosed. But it's not confined to NCAA hoops. Here are network TV shows on the bubble.

How to make a geek employee happy. Yes, beer is mentioned.

Exercise Yard

Last Friday, I heard Hillbilly Jim on Steve Czaban's Fox show. Lots of good stories and it's scary how fondly you can look back on wrestling. Then I see that Ernie "The Big Cat" Ladd died over the weekend. For any rasslin' fan, a sad day. Ernie also played AFL football, one of the tallest to ever play, and you can see him on the Kansas City Chiefs sideline on their Super Bowl film. Also was one of those "Rasslin' is tougher than football" guys. I recall his gimmick of the "controversial taped thumb". You absolutely did not wanna get hit with that, and he must have been a joy to hitchhike with.

Visitor

17 Across: Chief Norse god (4 letters) Answer: Odin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a bad year for rasslers
bam bam bigelow
ernie the cat ladd
and bad news brown----------JMK

Drew said...

As a geek employee, I can aver that those 8 things will indeed go a long way. I'd go a step further and say that if your company is going to enforce a work schedule, dress code, lighting level, etc. on them, then you're not going to get the best geeks.