Saturday, February 10, 2007

I thought "The Office" was pretty damn funny the other day. I don't know, some do not like the cringeworthy Michael Scott, but I love the guy. Steve Carell was really good. He was "Employer of the Bride", I mean who would say that in real life?




















He was in the wedding party to push the wheelchair-laden father of the bride, Phyllis (a great bowler, BTW, who married Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration), down the aisle and he got pissed when the old man got out of the chair halfway down to "upstage" him. I laughed my ass off when he pouted his way up to the altar. Great quote to the guy in the receiving line, "Oh, so you're sitting now." Then they had to remove him when he decided to make his own toast after the best man did his thing. Of course, he stole the Webster's Dictionary definition of wedding from "The Simpsons". In that one, Homer used "weeding". In "The Office", Michael used "welding":

"...wedding as the fusing of two metals with a hot torch. Well you know something? I think you guys are two metals...gold metals." Just too much.

And the scenes involving Uncle Al, who had Alzheimer's and was thought to be a wedding crasher by Dwight, were classic. I love the show and it never seems to disappoint.

Meal of Links

We can only hope. The Phil Spector trial may be televised.

Jack Bauer takes on the Aqua Teen Hunger Force:



Krillion helps you find stuff near you. They are starting with major appliances.

Exercise Yard

In case you didn't notice, the Toronto Raptors are playing the best basketball in the east. I saw them play the Cavs in December and I'm telling you, they sucked back then.

Visitor

33 Down: "If I Ruled The World" rapper (3 letters) Answer: Nas

No comments: