Sunday, December 10, 2006

I'm watching the boxing on HBO last night and realize I hadn't had any dinner yet. It was after 10:00 and thought, ah, maybe some soup. Then I decided to have a couple of waffles. While I'm waiting by the toaster, I hear someone knock on my side door and start to enter. You know, if you have permission at some houses, you knock, then you start in.

So, I see the guy come guy in, he has a parka on and a backpack and as he's about to shut the door, he starts talking. I point to him and say, "I think you have the wrong house." He then says, "Omigod, I can't believe I just did that." Obviously, he was supposed to be visiting my neighbor's house. I thought that was funny. Uh, then I locked my door.

Meal of Links

Do you still own your liripipe?

Geek movies that do not suck. I always thought "Minority Report" was a bit underrated, but glad to see "Run, Lola, Run" on there. "Top Secret" also. Some good titles here.

Here are some new Christmas CDs. The two I hear the most about are Sufjan's and the new one by Bootsy Collins.

Exercise Yard

Last night's boxing on HBO was pretty average. The best part was probably the look back at 2006. The next best part was Andre Berto destroying Miguel Figueroa in five rounds. Mike G. and I saw Berto back in his amateur days when US Boxing came to town. Although the local Juan Macpherson got most of the pub that week, Berto was clearly the best fighter. I think that was his HBO debut last night at 147 and he looked awesome.

Jermain "Bad Intentions" Taylor beat Kassim "Uma, Jerry" Ouma to retain his belt. I thought it a dud. Taylor is not one of my favorites, but just like Winky Wright last week, guy comes back to his hometown, promises big things in terms of a KO, but does not deliver. 12 rounds later (yawn), Taylor is still the champ. HBO knew they had a dog, so the promoter tried "open scoring" where after the 4th and 8th rounds, we would know the judge's scores. Didn't matter, as Taylor was almost throwing a shutout through eight.

I think the highlight for me was Larry Merchant wearing Ouma's "I heart Larry Merchant" cap. That shows how stellar the card was.

Visitor

None, it's a Browns-free Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I know the official name for the "pinky toe" (minimus).