Saturday, December 02, 2006

I feel it is time for some "Turnpike Toll Booth Etiquette". OK, I understand we live in the Dark Ages while traversing the Ohio Turnpike. There is no E-Z Pass, the food should be upgraded and the tolls cost too much. Admittedly, they do a helluva job keeping it clear in bad weather.

However, the main disappointment is the drivers who don't know what to do when entering or leaving the Turnpike via the Toll Booth. When entering, you roll your window down before you get to the booth (regardless of weather!), grab the ticket and take off. You DO NOT wait till you arrive at said booth and do this:

Roll your window down.
Take ticket.
Figure out a place to put your ticket.
Roll up window.
Then take off.

This makes the driver behind you, namely me, start my day by uttering expletives that you can hear because my window has already been lowered.

When exiting:

Look for the shortest line.
Have window down before coming to the booth.
For God sake, remember where you put the damn ticket.
Have correct change (Doh! In an easily accessible place!), if possible.
Do not pay with a $20 unless your toll is above $10.
Don't be a Chatty Cathy with the booth attendant.
When you're done, MOVE!

If these procedures are not followed, this makes the driver behind you, namely me, continue my day by uttering expletives that you can hear because my window has already been lowered.

Having said that, I use the electronic Turnpike card. That way, I don't have to mess with finding change, or having the attendant drop my change, I can say "Hello." and "Thanks a lot!" around a quicker transaction.

That is all.

Meal of Links

Had a great time last night. For a change, I did not have a lot to drink. Well, not the strong stuff, anyhow. That El Diablo can be a cruel mother. A two-hour wait for a table at Fat Fish Blue necessitated a trek to Flannery's. It seems the Trans-Sexual Orchestra was at the Q. Huh? I don't get them. Anyhow, we ended up at Johnny Mango, so I could have an item for lunch today. I wonder who is having the smoke-free blowout parties this weekend?

"The Office" this past week was way out of control funny, with "Prison Mike" and Ed Helms on the banjo. Well-written episode by the UK writers, Gervais and Merchant. Jim and Pam said not one word to each other in this episode, but the non-verbals spoke volumes. Genius.

Ask Ms. Dewey anything. Anything at all.

Exercise Yard

Trying to determine if Fathead is a better name than Wallbangers. I guess if they had any Italians, they'd be Floorlayers.

Visitor

20 Down: "If I Had a Hammer" cowriter (6 letters) Answer: Seeger

No comments: