Thursday, December 21, 2006

Drew and I headed over to O'Rielly's this evening for some beer. Harps for me, Guinness for him. I had been hankering for the Po Boy on many visits since I last had one a couple of years ago, and tonight, its menu appearance finally coincided with my visit. I believe the highlight was Drew relaying a story of a bar patron, before I arrived, who claimed they went to U of A in Tempe for baseball and hit .600 before injuries took their toll. I thought it preposterous and we agreed that anyone who would make up that stuff was pretty pathetic.

Later on, I pointed out that I knew a bar patron who was present, and that he was a racist. Turned out it was the same dude Drew referenced. I'm thinking the baseball story is a load of bullshit and must investigate further. Earlier in the day, Drew tipped me off to today's Christmas video.

On the 9th day of Christmas, a new one. I was familiar with the tune and it made my Christmas CD, but I was unaware of the video. Twisted Sister's "Oh Come All Ye Faithful". I think they do a good job on this and it may be the best of the 2006 releases.

Twisted Sister-"Oh Come All Ye Faithful"



Meal of Links

At Momocho last night, I happened to make a comment that "Mick Jagger seems like he's in good shape.", which apparently means in some unfamiliar language that "I want to marry Mick Jagger." Therefore, I'm not sure I should watch this show, regardless of how funny it may be.

Speaking of Momocho, the Tequila Dinner was excellent last night. Some random posted some pictures, so this is what I ate last night. Best Friend points out the tuna was not purple.

John Waters picks his favorite films of 2006. Some of the films include one "where the male stars eat shit", another where "the star of the film rimmed someone" and another about "a girl who once blew her dog". Family fare all. And, yet, several mainstream films made the list.

Exercise Yard

Drew Bledsoe chimes in with a blog about the starting QB on his team. Very funny.

Visitor

39 Across: Paranormalist Geller (3 letters) Answer: Uri (Can he bend the small spoons?)

No comments: