Tuesday, December 05, 2006

After having way too much caffiene on Sunday, I found myself wide awake until after 2:30 a.m., watching Christian Bale in "The Machinist". And I have a DVR! "I haven't slept in a year.", he says, at one point. I hear ya! I'm glad I watched it. It was pretty good, but I wonder if I watched it in the afternoon, would I feel I the same about it?

So, that set up this a.m, when I had no idea it was supposed to snow. My ride was a little longer, not much. All I know is the Jennings was backed up onto 480, but south of Wallings, there was virtually no snow. But there were horror stories of those trying to reach Downtown.

BTW, I stopped at Bruegger's on the way in. Plain bagel with cream cheese was $1.99. WTF? Co-worker comes in with two bagels with butter, OJ, and a cookie for less than $5.00. Is there a cream cheese cartel I am not aware of?

Meal of Links

Celebrity perfumes. Marla Sokoloff? I have no idea who that is.

Giant Magazine picks the "5 Greatest Commercials of the '80s". "Freedom Rock"...Turn It Up! Omigod, it's the McDLT. Vhat, no "Svim Vare"?



MSNBC picks the "Coolest Christmas Movies". I always watch "White Christmas" on Christmas morning. Yeah, it's stupid, but...whatever. I paid to see "The Ice Harvest". I'm still under the hood on that one. And I saw "Some Girls" on cable years ago. He really was McDorky.

Video of the Week

Time for a Beastie Boys classic. This is "Three MCs and One DJ". I like this because it's a rare one that the group does live. Things to look for: Mix Master Mike seemingly coming from a "Ghostbusters" audition; Mike missing his opportunity to enter; the maze down to the stairs to the studio reminds me of trying to find the bathroom at Alumni Hall, the architecture building at Miami U.; "Mix Master, cut faster"; shoutouts to Rose Royce, Krispy Kremes, and Kenny Rogers.

Beastie Boys-"Three MCs and One DJ"



Exercise Yard

Juergen Klinsmann may coach US Soccer. It would be nice to get a new coach, because we haven't scheduled any friendlies in a while.

Visitor

10 Down: Libertine (8 letters) Answer: Rakehell

No comments: